PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Way Back When-esday - Singleton Week

Linking up with Twinfatuation Way Back When-esday. Thanks Cheryl for letting me play along!





Last week I shared Luke's homecoming. This week I am sharing a few pictures of his singleton week at home. That week was so bitter-sweet. I was beyond happy to have my son home, but hated leaving him to visit Molly in the hospital. On the other hand I hated that my 3 trips a day visiting Molly changed to 2. The hospital was a 30 minute drive from home, so it took 2 hours a day just to go visit her. I would stay at least 1.5 hours each time, so that took 5 hours away from my son daily.We were so blessed to have the apartment (minutes away) to stay at during the majority of their hospital stay, but I couldn't bare taking Luke anywhere but home when he was released. He deserved to go home to his own bed. As I write this I realize how fast a week goes by, but that particular week dragged on forever! Luke was really an easy baby. All he did was eat, sleep and poop! The only issue we had was dealing with the preemie sounds he made at night. Anyone that has had a preemie knows what I am talking about! We were on the NICU schedule, so everything was already timed out perfectly for me. The nurses had already done that not fun job for me.


Luke's first bath at home! As you can see he didn't like it very much!








This picture shows him all decked out in baby blue! Why are sleeping babies so sweet?!?!





I loved those alone cuddles with my baby boy! I am sure you all will agree that when you held your newborn sleeping baby it was pure bliss! A love like no other!




Come on Mom....can't you just let a boy sleep around here? You have that darn camera in my
face 24/7. Give it a rest already!





Next week I will post about Molly's homecoming.

This was Luke's reaction when we told him he would no longer be a singleton baby! :)

Why, Mom?!?! I was just getting used to this whole singleton thing!

10 comments:

Jenner said...

I can't imagine bringing one baby home and leaving the other in the hospital. That must have been really emotionally draining! And how dare you look so beautiful in that picture. I don't even want to remember what I looked like in the first two weeks after I brought the peapod home! I was bedridden and she was in a bassinet next to my bed and I think they only time I was awake was when she was, just to eat and change diapers.

debi9kids said...

OMGoodness. What sweetness!
I miss my babies when they were that tiny! (well, they weren't quite as tiny, but you know what I mean...)

Rebecca said...

It IS amazing when you feel like you'll never get through it, right?

That last picture...and your caption...made me laugh out loud. Very fitting!

championm2000 said...

I think I got a little choked up looking at these pictures. You certainly took me back to a special time for your family, and in the process, reminded me of those sweet, early days when my babies were so new and fresh.

So precious!

Onesie Mommy said...

He was so tiny and so precious! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks also for the virtual hugs you sent my way. They were deeply appreciated and didn't go unnoticed.

Paula

Christina said...

Oh my gosh what a sweet little man! =) So precious.

Cheryl Lage said...

You look so serene, so incredibly beautiful in that shot. Just gorgeous. That caption for that last shot? PERFECT humor to keep me from lapsing into nostalgia weeps! :)

Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That last picture is so incredibly precious!!!

And I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must have been to have your heart in two places...but I can also appreciate the silver lining of being able to enjoy that one-on-one time with Luke.

If I had it to do over again, I would have tried to enjoy my girls individually a little more when they were so tiny. I definitely would have had more cuddle time! :) But you know it's hard to do when you're juggling TWO! :)

girlytwins said...

I only had one day with a singleton LOL.
Those are some precious pictures. He was a gorgeous little boy. Still is :)

Renae said...

Such sweet photos! I too find that there's something very peaceful about watching your baby sleep. I have LOTS of sleeping baby photos from Tiny's and Buba's first days and weeks.