PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Makes My Monday - Baby Elephant

Linking up with Twinfatuation! Thanks so much Cheryl for letting me play along!



We went to the OKC Zoo this past Saturday with Nannie and Kayla (my niece). Todd was at the fire station so he didn't make it. I blogged about the new baby elephant being born here, but this is the first time we where able to see her. I read in other blogs that people were actually waiting in line for 2 hours to get a glimpse of this sweet baby girl. Sorry, but no thank you my patience would have got the best of me. I am pretty sure I would have seen way too many meltdowns from other kids plus mine! Now I realize she is growing fast and has already gained probably close to 100 pounds, but next to her mother and aunt she still is so very tiny! She way playing and squealing (or whatever a baby elephant does). It was so darn cute. We first viewed the 3 on foot, but before we left took the tram (train to Luke) around the zoo to see her one last time.




My son the snake tamer. Daddy is so mad I bought Luke 2 of these snakes.....let's just say snakes freak him out a little! :):)



I got the best smiles in the gift shop....imagine that?!?!



Kayla and Molly on the tram! :)


Needless to say we had a fantastic time! The kids were worn out by the time we left! Can't wait to go again! We love the zoo!


Oh I have to give a shout out to the OKC Thunder playing the 4 game in the 3Rd round of the playoffs Monday night! GO OKC!! They need this home game win!!! Here is a link to a funny clip from the Ellen show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GCOKA7PvCM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In Molly words....I like him!!

Also wanted to thank my family and friends (both IRL and bloggy) that have taken the time to vote for my blog in the Top 25 Mom of multiples. It means a lot! We still have 1 more week to go, so if you are so inclined please click here and vote!

12 comments:

Jeremi said...

yay on the top mommy blog --- i clicked : )
i'm terrible at leaving comments still, but always really enjoy visiting your blog. we love the zoo too, and that baby elephant, adorable!!
have a great monday!
jeremi

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I have a special place in my heart for elephants...I think they are the most amazing creatures! (Of course that could, maybe, sorta-kinda be related to that being the mascot for The University of Alabama...just sayin!) :) And you know I can't wait to take the girls to the zoo this summer.

Oh, and I "accidentally" told the girls they could pet an elephant...I hope there will be something impressive for them to touch so they won't be disappointed! HA!

Amy said...

Looks like a great time! I hope the weather clears up here soon so that we can get out and go to the zoo and the farm! THe pictures are adorable!

ericateal said...

awww, looks like they had a fantastic time! I heart the zoo! P.S. I'm still voting!!!

Emily said...

looks like y'all had a wonderful time! i always enjoyed going to the OKC zoo growing up! hope y'all have a wonderful week!

Beth said...

Soo cute! We just had a baby giraffe at the Cincinnati zoo. I took the kids to see her, but we had a giant line (like you mentioned.) No way were we going to stand in line for over an hour! Oh well, she'll still be little next time...
I love wearing the kids out at the zoo!

championm2000 said...

I love the picture of the baby elephant! I am with your husband, though...snakes creep me out!

Glad you all had a great time!

Cheryl Lage said...

Zoos are the BEST, and our two still adore them. (Of course similarly, the gift shop IS always a highlight. :) )

Your family's fun (and your snake squeamish husband!) Make My Monday! Thank you so much for playing along!

Rebecca said...

I love the kind of day that makes them sleep in the car! What fun!

twinkietotmom said...

What a fun day! A baby elephant sounds like it would be pretty cute (but I totally wouldn't wait in line to see it either!) So glad you guys had a great day!

Renae said...

That baby elephant definitely still looks tiny next to the two other big ones. Glad to hear you all had such a wonderful time!

My guys love the zoo too. We've purchased a family membership for the last two years. We're still waiting for some consistently warmer weather before we take our first trip of the year. Hopefully it will be soon!

Olusola said...

I voted again and girl! you scared me with the sn*** pic. I'm actually too scared to even type out the name in full :)