PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Makes My Monday - One on One Time

Linking up with Twinfatuation! Thanks so much Cheryl for letting me play along!




Miss Priss and I left the guys this weekend for a little mothers day shopping. We stopped at chick-fil-a for a bite to eat. I love that I can get fresh fruit and 100% juice there and Molly does too! I am a true believer that each child needs this individual time whether they are twins or not.

I feel like Molly is more mature than Luke, so it is a lot easier to take her with me when I go shopping. Luke gets bored and impatience really fast, so this makes for a unenjoyable trip. Everybody tells me that boys mature slower and have shorter attention spans, but it is hard taking only Molly on these trips. I feel so guilty, but he hates shopping. What man doesn't, right? Well...unless they are shopping for something they want! ;-) Does anyone else have this issue? Do you only take one to certain places, while taking the other somewhere else?


Having this one on one time with my baby girl totally makes my Monday! Sorry, I took this picture without the flash, so it is dark.


9 comments:

Holly G said...

I love when I get to spend one-on-one time with my kids. I wish I could make it happen more often. Glad you got this special time!

Jenner said...

Molly is so adorable, I love her curls! Yay for mommy time! The peapod is a joy to take shopping, we have an awful lot of fun together.

Beth said...

Love one on one time! I think it only makes sense to do different things with different kids. You want them to enjoy their time with you and it doesn't sound like Luke would enjoy shopping very much. Mine are the same! Both of my boys (actually all 3--Rod is included) are too impatient for me to get much shopping done with them.
Great picture of Molly. She looke so grown up!

Onesie Mommy said...

First off, the flower in the hair... Soooo precious! And the smile... awww, melt my heart.

Being the mom of an only child, I'm all for spending one-on-one time with your children. I do it all the time! LOL... I guess I'm going to have to do the opposite, right? Make sure I take Miss B places with a friend?!

Anyway, I had siblings growing up and I loved it when I got one-on-one time with either parent. It wasn't often but I still remember...

championm2000 said...

I love chick-fil-a, flowers in little girl's hair, and one-on-one time. Does it get any better??

I never wish for Emily and Drew to grow up faster than they already are, but I do look forward to the times when she and I can have our days out together shopping. If Drew is anything like his dad, we'll have to find something to do other than shop when we get one-on-one time.

Thank you for your sweet comments on the babies' 11 month letters. I know they are a bit long for blog reading, but it is something I started when they were 6 weeks old. I write them individual letters every couple of months and post them on their online baby book (aka my blog)!

Rebecca said...

We split them up last weekend and it was AWESOME!!! I'm totally with you!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That sounds like so much fun! We've had very little one-on-one time to date, but I hope we can do it more often as the girls get a little older (i.e. easier for Hubby to manage - ;).

And I also try awful hard not to wish ahead, but seeing that picture of Molly sitting there so nicely - not in a high chair! - I'm looking forward to that, too! :)

Christina said...

We need to do that also, but it's so hard! We love time together as a family on the weekends, but I know if I took them out alone, they would totally love it. Glad you had fun!! =)

Renae said...

This is something we need to do more of, and we definitely need to switch it up more often. Tiny and I do a lot of mommy/daughter things, and T and Buba do a lot of daddy/son things. We need to find ways to have mommy/son and daddy/daughter times. Maybe this summer...