PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tornado Tuesday & Wordless Wednesday

Not sure if you saw the news last night, but Oklahoma had a tornado breakout!!! Todd is out of town on business, so I had the sole duty of keeping my babies safe! Thank goodness my Mom has a shelter, so I went over there after work. We were very lucky that our side of town was spared. There are so many others that I can't say the same about. It has weighed heavily on my mind today. The house of a pregnant Mom with her 3 kids took a direct hit. The mom and 5 year old are in critical condition. While the 15 month old was killed and the 3 year old is still missing. So very sad!! My co-worker's hometown is Joplin, Missouri. That poor town looks like a bomb went off! Thank God his family members are fine, but they loss everything!

Below is 2 pictures I took down in the shelter. 1st pic - My brother Scott, my niece Kayla, Molly and a portion of my Mom. 2nd pic - Luke playing on the floor between all our legs. Granddad and me are behind the camera. The sirens went off for probably 30 minutes straight. Hopefully this will be our last trip down there for a while.







The next pictures are my Wordless Wednesday post. Nannie, Kayla, Molly and Luke played outside in the pool and sand table all afternoon. Kayla was sweet enough to share these pictures with me. Fun times!
















9 comments:

Brittany said...

How scary, I'm glad you all are alright. I can't imagine my Hubby not being home and that happening. My prayers are with all those that were affected.

Amy said...

So glad to hear you're safe. I feel so bad for everyone who has either lost loved ones or even their personal belongings. Great pictures of the kids. They look like they are having a great time!

Onesie Mommy said...

What a relief to know that you and the twins are okay. I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts.

So sad to hear about that mom and her 3 kids. Devastating. They will be on my mind for days...

I'm worlds away from you but know that you are thought of and cared about.

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

We had lots of tornadoes here too! I'm so glad you guys are all safe. It doesn't seem like I have "known" you for very long, but I'm pretty sure I can tell your babies are getting tall!

Renae said...

What great news that all of you are safe. It is so, so sad to hear about so many who haven't been so fortunate.

Beth said...

So scary! We are in for another round of storms and tornado watches tonight. I'm so ready for this awful weather to pass! It breaks my heart to think of the families hurt by this. Luckily our basement is finished, so we just hang out down there.

On a much happier note, I love Miss Molly's swimsuit!

Holly G said...

Oh my gosh!! I am SO sorry for all the losses you've described here. It's just heartbreaking. I'm so glad you and your family are alright!!

Christina said...

I'm so glad you guys are okay! I can't believe that about that Mom. :( Breaks my heart.

ericateal said...

How scary!!! I saw on the news last night coverage from the Tornado. It's so unfortunate when these natural disasters hit and destroy. I'm so happy that you and your family are safe. Love all the pictures :)
P.S. I'm still voting!!!