PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

3 year well child (baby) check

Molly and Luke had their well child check today! Picture of them before we left!




I was a little afraid of how the appointment would go. The 2 year appointment was horrible! Molly did not cooperate at all! She cried the entire time! Not fun at all! This time was the best visit yet! Both Molly and Luke did everything the nurse and Doctor asked! It was great! I was so very proud! All and all it was a great report. Molly still has a heart murmur, but we knew she had one when we left the NICU. But at that time it was due to having a VSD due to prematurity. The cardiologist released her at 1 year. Basically saying they did nothing for
them anyways and her's probably would close by 2. As I mentioned before at Molly's 2 year old
appointment she was crying to hard to get a good listen, so really this was the first time her heart has really been heard good since she was a year old. Good news is the doctor said the murmur did not sound like a VSD murmur, so more then likely her VSD closed. These are her exact words.....Now listen to me when I tell you this.....Miss Molly has a heart murmur, but it is nothing to worry about. It is completely normal. She said we will see how she sounds at
4. Not that any mommy wants to hear her child has abnormality, but if the doctor says not to worry about it...I won't.

I also brought up my concern with Luke's speech being behind Molly's. She said at this point she sees no concern, but is very proactive on speech delays. She asked us to give it 4 to 6 months. We need to start making sure he watches our mouths when we are speaking to him. Reason being I know he is talking a lot more then we can understand. His mouth is not forming the words right. So that is what we will do and reassess in a few months. She also said most generally boys are behind girls in that department.Time will tell.

I feel very blessed to have very healthy children! God is so very good!

3 year old stats

Molly

Weight-34lbs-(75-90%)
Height-3ft2in-(75%)

Luke
Weight-31lbs-(50%)
Height-3ft1in-(25-50%)

We went to the mall after their appointment and it took no time for Luke to do this! He has started sleeping with his arms behind his head ! Too funny!



I promise to post about their bounce party ASAP. I am still waiting to receive the picture disc in the mail! I am so excited to see the pictures! The only picture I took with my camera is below! Luke did not like that I wanted to take a picture of him sitting still! Poor boy!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Hooray for healthy (almost big) babies! I get more and more nervous with each passing visit about how I will contain two little ones on my own.

Rebecca said...

Wow...that picture of Luke is so stinking adorable!!!

I like that you mentioned the part about the speech...Hailey tends to mispronounce words (she's only 2.5, but still) and I always tell her to look at my mouth. Nice to know I'm doing something right! The heart thing would freak me out a little bit too.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I can only imagine what wonderful music those words were to your ears...what a fantastic blessing. :) :)

Can't wait to see more pictures from the party!

reanbean said...

It's good to hear your checkup went well. I hope we'll be just as lucky when we go next week.