Sunday, September 19, 2010

Disney On Ice

Bubby checking out his souvenir.
Luke enjoying some $10.00 popcorn! Molly checking out her souvenir.
A cute picture of Nannie and Luke. Here in a minute you will get why she is smiling so big. This picture really describes our whole experience.

Introduction performance.
We had pretty good seats. The kids had a full view of the stage.
Todd and I decided the kids were old enough to take them this year to see Mickey Mouse at the OK State Fair. They love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney channel, so we thought they would really enjoy the show. By the time we decided to get the tickets the day time shows were sold out. We ended up with the 7:30 p.m. showtime ($114.00). I will know next year to buy the tickets ASAP. Todd ended up having to work at the fire station, so I asked Nannie to join us. This is probably awful to admit, but both Nannie and I are really bad with directions. We have always relied on other people to get us where we needed to go. We decided we better leave early to make sure we allowed time for traffic and parking. We arrived to the show 1 hour early (in the twins time this really means 3 hours early). As you can tell in the above one is around us! I got them popcorn and the toys ($74.00 worth mind you) hoping this would entertain them for a hour. Luke did awesome for the first 30 minutes. Molly did alright too, but couldn't hold still. The next 30 minutes before the show started is really a blur. Molly had a few high pitch streaming tantrums. Luke was trying to run up and down the stairs. (that is the picture of Nanny and Luke above...she was trying to control him) I already knew it was going to be hard for them due to the time. Molly and Luke go down for bedtime between 8 and 8:30. I was up for the challenge since I knew they would love this show. Let's just say by the time the show started Nannie and I were ready for bed. We just kept thinking when the lights go out they will settled down and enjoy the show. So we hoped. The show started right on time. They both got really excited....Nannie turned and looked at me with such relieve in her eyes and smiled. I smiled back knowing they had fooled her. I knew we had 30 minutes at best. I guess I must know my kids all to well. We were walking out of the show at 8:00. Molly and Luke fell asleep as soon as they were placed in their car seat. The drive home was spent with Nannie and I trying to figure out where we went wrong. We decided it was a combination of things. Getting there early, bed time and a new experience for them. I don't regret going because they have to get used to experiencing new adventures. Let's just hope next time is a lot better.


MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I can just imagine you're exhausted after everything! Even though things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked, I'll bet Molly and Luke still had a blast...they'll probably be talking about this for weeks. :)

Hope you all have a restful Sunday!

Emily said...

just reading the story made me tired so i'm sure y'all were exhausted! :)

you can at least take comfort in knowing they had the time of their lives!