PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

What I love about Me - Week 4

This is my first time to (really) link up to Holly and Allison's " What I love about Me" Meme/blog hop.

Photobucket


It's not that I haven't wanted to link up before, but more that I couldn't think I something about "me" I loved! Then it dawned on me that there is one thing that is in front of my face every single moment of the day!!! I LOVE that I am a Mommy!! I love hearing my babies call me Mommy. I am going to miss the day when they become to "cool" to call me by that name. They already use Mom half the time, but whenever I hear Mommy come out of their little mouths I melt. It is a weakness of mine. This may be lame to some, but not me. I wonder if my Mom misses getting called Mommy?!?! Alright, I am not going to lie...every now and then I may just throw a Mommy my Mom's way! ;-)

Happy Monday blogland!! :):)

7 comments:

Holly G said...

I love that too! It's just the sweetest thing!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

SEE!! That's a GREAT thing to LOVE about yourself...and your cuties!
:)

(Now start thinking about next Monday's "What You Like About YOU Post"! Geeesshhh...you'd think we were old friends the way I am bossing you around...LOL!)

Samantha said...

cute :)

following back from

http://www.havesippywilltravel.com/

thanks for the visit!

Twingle Mommy said...

I'm so glad you linked up! I was so sad the first time my oldest called me mom. I told her no way, I'm mommy. So far it's working!

Jeremi said...

sweet post : ) me too, i still smile when i hear my girls say 'moooooom'. even when they say 'but mom!!' i smile : )

thank you SO much for the nice comment on my blog : ) that really means a lot to me. this is a huge transition -- i knew it was coming but i kept telling myself i'd deal with those feelings/issues when i came to them .... now i need to : )

i am so grateful to have been home but really, i can't believe how fast it flew. i love teaching so that's good, it's just going to be such a big change initially.

going back to work at 14 weeks must have been so hard, i can't imagine. i would have been a mess. having five years with them adds to my emotions (i've eaten lunch with them every day except maybe a handful), but i know they are ready for school and will be so busy and have so much fun, so that helps.

i would love to teach at their school, but we're in different districts. we live right on the border of roseville and st. paul, so the girls will go to a roseville school and i'm back in st. paul. i thought of looking into making a switch, if there were positions, but i would loose many years because of the time i've put into st. paul. they would have loved that though!

also, the school that i'm at is one of a few that added an hour to their school day in hopes to help with student achievement (it's a low-poverty/high ESL population). so kid contact time for me, with 5 and 6 year olds will be 8:35-4:05, a VERY long day. i struggle with some the changes that have happened that are in my opinion not developmentally appropriate for young children (no rest time, no play time). i've been taking a lot of deep breaths!

where are you at?

jeremi

Heather said...

I agree, I love hearing my kids call me Mommy too! It will never get old. Found your blog today. I'm another twin mom. Our twins are 2-year-old boys and we have a 10-year-old daughter.

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my cat, Rosie. That was very sweet of you. Have a wonderful day!! : )

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/