Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Very Happy Day

Thanks so much for all the Birthday wishes! It really did make my day!! I made a statement to a fellow co-worker that I thought turning 35 may be worst than when I turned 30, but he made a very valid and true point. He said well it shouldn't be since you have your kids now. Meaning I had a reason behind why 30 was so hard on me, since I so disparately wanted a baby. Sometimes it takes a little statement like that to put me in my place and make me count my blessings! What is another year to my age?!?! Really nothing, as long as I have everything I have ever wanted. So tonight I am happy to say I am embracing my new age!! This is one proud, happily married, mother of 2 amazing kids. Boy did that feel good to say.

My hubby surprised me with 2 beautiful cards this morning. He also got me to set up my new blog design appointment with Liz. Then we will be taking a short shopping trip to the outlet mall in Allen, TX over the 4th July weekend! Fun times to be had!

I was very surprised to find flowers and my drink of choice on my desk at work this morning! It made my day! My boss and the co-worker that gave me the sound advise above surprised me. So very sweet! Oh, it is a joke that I am the mother hen of the group...imagine that?!?! That is why the card says To Mom!!


Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

Don't forget to enter my 2nd Birthday giveaway here.

12 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!!
I'm so glad that you have decided to embrace your age. You're right-- you're in such a good place, what do you have to feel bad about?
Pretty flowers and Diet Mt Dew? that's just about a perfect birthday!!

Twingle Mommy said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad everyone made you feel special. I don't announce my age, I have been 26 for a few years now.

Johanna said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

What a sweet present greeting you at work! And would you know people at work used to call me Mama Mandy? :)

And, yep...in a much better place at 35 than 30!!!

So glad you enjoyed your day!

Cheryl Lage said...

Ha! I am starting to see a trend between we multiples mamas! I too am frequently referred to as "mom" by my largely younger co-workers!

Hee hee! Completely LOVE the Diet Mt. Dew as a gift, too!

Happy Happy Belated, Sweet Lady!
(and seriously, I ADORE ADORE ADORE my 40's...they're the BEST!)

Christina said...

Happy late Birthday lady!! =)

championm2000 said...

Diet Mountain Dews...oh, they know the way to a mom's heart!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! I get the same treatment at work!! I guess we just can't turn the Mom off. My gift was a gallon on milk LOL!

Olusola said...

Happy birthday girl! Rock 35 like you're 25 for the 10th time :)

cat said...

Happy Birthday! May your year be super blessed.

reanbean said...

Happy Birthday!!! (I can't believe I two days late- so sorry about that). Sounds like a very nice way to celebrate turning 35. And with more fun things to come! Did Molly and Luke do anything special for you?

Mom of the Twinkies and Tot! said...

I'm so sorry I didn't leave a birthday comment! This past week was the last week of school and terribly busy for us! Happy Belated birthday! Hope it was a great one & those two gorgeous kids of yours spoiled you rotten!