PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

1st week of my ME challenge - Updated

Photobucket

As stated in this post.. I was inspired by Dolli-Mama to challenge myself to some much needed ME time in 2011. The first thing that came to mind was I needed to make more time for my marriage. Todd and I spend very little time alone, since having the twins. I really miss that time. We were married for 11 years before we had Molly and Luke, so as little as 3 years ago we spent all our free time together. After we had the kids we both we just look at each other and say "What in the world did we do with all our extra time?" Oh we knew.....we went to dinners, movies, weekend car trips, shopping......you know everything that was so easy to do before kids. I have come to the conclusion that if we would not have had all those years together......maybe just maybe the last 3 years would not have been so good on our marriage. Meaning the lack of OUR time has been very few and far between, so a lot of marriages may not have survived. I feel in my heart that we love each other dearly & would do anything/&everything for each other! We will celebrate our 14th anniversary in 2 months. I am going to work on planning something very special. Please feel free to give me any ideas, maybe just maybe I could book a hotel for a night?!?!? Could I leave my kids for 24 hours? I don't know, but my marriage is worth the challenge.

For the first week of Amber's challenge Todd and I are going to dinner tonight! My Mom is picking up Molly and Luke at 3 this afternoon. I know they will have a ball too! I will give you all know the details later! Have a great weekend! I hope you all are thinking of your next ME pleasure! :-)

Update: Todd and I had sushi for dinner! It was really nice being just the 2 of us! We enjoyed talking with each without any distractions. Being able to enjoy a meal without worrying what Molly and Luke was doing is really nice. We then stopped at the store on the way home, so I could purchase 2 gossip magines! I haven't bought one of those in ages! I am really into this challenge...can't wait until my next date!

3 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

My hubby and I were married for almost 10 years before the girls were born (and together for 13). While I didn't intend to be married *quite* that long before kiddos came into the picture, it is really nice to have had so much couple time together...thanks for that reminder. :)

I hope you have a FANTASTIC time with Todd tonight! Know that Molly and Luke are going to be having a blast with your mom, too...so relax and have fun yourself! You both deserve it!

penguinsandladybugs said...

You know, I totally "get" how hard it is to leave your kiddos overnight. But if your mom is able, that is sometimes some very special time for them to have with her and a valuable experience! And....you all come back an even better mom and dad because you are nurturing the relationship they were born out of. I PROMISE your kiddos will see your relationship as a model for their future relationships. Actions truly do speak louder than words in this situation. And I know that would be what you want for them one day :)

Stepping down off my soap box now. Good for you taking care of you! I will check back in with you and hope you'll continue with the challenge. Can't wait to hear how you celebrate your anniversary!!!

liz barber said...

Sounds like you had a great time at dinner. That's one of my big goals this year is to have regular date night with my hubby.
BTW...your children are beautiful!