PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, of all the trees most lovely

Front of the tree.

We had to stick our Christmas tree in a corner this year. It is out of the way and didn't take much thought to having to move something to make it fit. The Christmas tree is by far my favorite decoration of the season. Every Christmas my siblings and I would fight over what ornaments we got to hang on the tree. We each had our favorites. Some of which were the same, so that is where the drama started. As far back as I can remember my Papaw and Nana gave my parents a Hallmark ornament with a crisp $100.00 bill inside the box. It was tradition. These were the ornaments that we fought over to hang. Each year we would have to hang them in order by year. That is whats awesome about Hallmark ornaments...They are all dated. Oh it brings back memories! My Nana continued this tradition with her grand kids. Once I was married I too received the much desired Hallmark ornament. There came a time my Nana could no longer afford to buy Christmas presents for all her kids, grand kids and great grand kids. This is when my Mother picked up the tradition.




Back of the tree.

Below by far is my favorite ornament X2. Reason being there was a time in my life that I wasn't sure I would be blessed to have a ornament that represents my babies first Christmas. My Mom bought Molly and Luke these ornaments to celebrate their 1st Christmas.





Below is the Hallmark series my Mom started me in 1995 called Frosty Friends. I picked this series since I love penguins.








Below is the series my Mom started Todd in 1995. I am not positive on the name of the series, but basically it is a different classic truck and car every year. He loves getting the new one every year.






Of course no tree is complete without supporting your college football pick!




Below is the series that my Nana gave me before she had to stop. It was the Madame Alexander doll collection.




You always have to have at least one Coca Cola Santa representing!




My Mom got Todd this ornament his first Christmas after getting his childhood dream job of a Fireman.




My stepmother started the below series for me when I was in high school. She pasted them on to me once I was married.




Mine and Todd's ornament representing our 1st Christmas together as a married couple.




Below is the Hallmark ornament that represents our 1st Christmas in our brand new home.




What Christmas tree is complete without a pink Cadillac.




Thank you so much Mandy (twintrialsandtriumphs.blogspot.com) for hosting this post link up. If you haven't visited Mandy's blog before I totally recommend the read. I happened upon her blog through M&M and got hooked. She is the mother to adorable twins girls that will turn 2 very shortly.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the comment :o). I'm always looking for new blogs to follow, so I saved yours. Your kids are sooo cute! I was watching the NICU slideshow...wow, that brought back memories!

Rebecca said...

These are adorable! I love the idea of the classic cars!

Heather said...

Beautiful ornaments! It's always so much fun to get the ornaments out each year and look through all of the memories! : )

Emily said...

I love these ornaments. In my family, my dad and his brothers-in-law always exchanged hallmark ornaments. We had to hang everyone of them with care and they came out of each one of their boxes and hung in a specific order. My parents have hundreds of these ornaments and I absolutely love their tree. They don't put all of their series on the tree anymore, but they put their favorites. I love we are starting to have more than just regular balls and incorporating special ornaments on our tree. This post brought back so many memories for me as well...I wonder if it is an OK thing! HA

MultipleMum said...

You did a great job photographing your ornaments! I love the 'series' idea - don't know if we do those over here in Aus? A very special Christmas tree indeed x

Mandy said...

Thanks for the comment!

We have the same first home ornament. This year as DH hung it he asked if the date was correct....as if I secretly went back and changed it! I'm totally jealous of the series tradition. I can't imagine how many ornaments you must have now!