PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

I have to say 2010 was a pretty ordinary year....nothing extraordinary happened. Not that I am complaining one bit. I have two healthy, beautiful children. 2008 was way too eventful for me with having Molly and Luke at 28 weeks! 2009 was used mostly as a catch up year....we spent a majority of the year getting (& worrying about) Molly and Luke caught up to their birth age physically and mentally! My 2009 New Years post talked about that. I feel like Molly's diagnoses of BPD (chronic lung disease) has changed me. I really do hate that the first two years of my kids life we were practically on house arrest. Was it fair to Luke? Probably not. Did I have a choice....absolutely No. Maybe my personality took it to the extreme?!?! Do I have any regrets...absolutely not. I can honestly say I did everything possible to make sure Molly developed no more scarred lung tissue. We have started this winter off with a few head colds, but nothing major. None of them went to her lungs (insert happy dance). They have enjoyed spending time playing with their cousins. I am pretty sure their cousins have enjoyed them too! Do I still fear a major illness...yes. Probably always will! I do believe she is strong enough to overcome any obstacles that come her way. I know our situation could have been so much worst, so I thank GOD everyday for blessing me with these children! I hope that 2011 proves to be a great as 2010. I would love a low key year filled with love, health and happiness! I hope and wish the same for all of you!

2 comments:

twinkietotmom said...

Happy New Year to ya'll! Having an ordinary year is perfectly alright I think...especially after the previous years you mentioned! I feel like 2011 is going to be our ordinary year...we had so much going on in 2009 with the birth of our girls at 29 weeks and 2010 was catch up for us & busy with buying our new house. So 2011 needs to be calm & collected! Hope ya'll enjoy your weekend!

Mandy said...

I am all about a low-key year ahead!! You can never ask for more than health and happiness!