PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Does it ever get easier?!?!



The QOTW over at Multiples and More is : When did it get "easier" for you?

I am sure everyone will agree it gets better when night time feeds stop and they sleep through the night! I don't think anyone would disagree when I say sleep is the real key. To this day I remember one evening Todd asking me what was wrong in the kitchen in front of the sink ( yes I remember the exact location because I thought I was going crazy ). I just looked at him broke down in tears and said I don't know! He said well I know you need sleep! You are exhausted and your body needs good uninterrupted night of sleep. That night he sent me to bed without the baby monitor. I won't lie and say I woke up the next day a brand new woman, but it did help me stay sane for a few days!;-)

See the crazy look on my face!


Another big thing is when you no longer have to bottle &/or spoon feed them. Sure at first you mourn losing this one on one time, but then you realize how proud you are too see your
toddlers feeding themselves! Plus you can be loading or unloading the dishwasher, wiping kitchen counters or anything that puts that time to good use. Don't worry I would never leave them unsupervised for fear of choking. ( That is my QOTW when will I ever stop fearing all the could happenings? )

I wish I could say it gets better when they are potty trained, but guess what?!? Mine aren't! :) :) :)

I can say it makes a big difference when they can understand direction and consequences. If only I could get them to implement that in potty training!!

Anyways, I hope that helps! Have a great week everyone!

12 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I agree...after those first three months, I have said I can deal with anything on a full night's sleep! :)

I'm going to blog about this question, too. In general, it feels like things get easier and easier...but some things are much harder. Occasionally I long for my only worry to be whether I could get the girls to take a full bottle. :) Now I'm concerned with all sorts of physical dangers (what if they figure out how to climb on the mantle?!), and developmental challenges (are they being socialized enough, etc., etc., etc.).

It's definitely always something...for our entire lives, I'm sure...but I have confidence I'll eventually figure it out as long as I can get enough sleep! HA!

Helen said...

It is amazing what sleep can do for your outlook! Gotta love a helpful husband :)

Stopping by from M&M

Annette said...

Thanks for this! Right now my twins are only 4 months old and are still nursing throughout the night. I'm hoping once they start solids, things get a little easier.

I popped over here from the Multiples and More blog link up. :D

SouthernDogwoods said...

So true! I am waking at night and oh, how I miss my sleep : ) but I know it will get easier.

liz barber said...

there's always new challenges aren't there?
It's so nice to be able to relate to other moms like you and know we are not alone in this journey of parenting multiples. Thanks for the great post! -Liz

Rebecca said...

That crazy look is you trying really hard to look like you're in blissful motherhood while you're just wondering who the hell is going to remove those babies from your body! Haha...at least that's the look I tried to have in pictures!

I used to want to punch people who told me it would get easier...now I want to hug them and apologize for all my evil thoughts.

Heather said...

Sleep! You don't realize how much you depend on it until you are getting up every hour in the middle of the night to feed little people!!!

Safire said...

It's so great that things change. Can you imagine doing the newborn phase for longer than we do?! :) Great post!

Beth said...

Yes!! When your babies begin sleeping through the night, that is truly a life-changing moment. That was when I decided I may actually survive this whole thing.

Emily said...

i feel ya when you talking about them growing up and wanting to do more. emma claire is only 15 months old and already wanting to do things herself. she will definitely be independent which is great, but she is growing up so fast! have a great week!!!!

Christina said...

Yep, yep! If we can survive the first few months we can survive anything right? =)

reanbean said...

I definitely agree about things getting better once the nighttime feedings stop. Mine didn't get to that point until they were 9 months old, but it's been really great to be able to count on uninterrupted sleep most nights. Potty training is a mess to go through, but so nice once they finally get the hang of it. They'll get there...