PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Update on Sandy

Thanks for all your prayers concerning Sandy and her sweet baby boy. I wanted to share what her best friend put on her Facebook page. It is too true not to share.


Sandy's best friend, Randi posted this on facebook today: "Zach and Sandy got word today that Kelvin's organ donation was a complete success and several babies have a second chance at healthy lives thanks to him. Joy in tragedy is difficult but for these little lives we praise God."  

They gave the baby the name Kelvin Edgar Cole.  Ken and Calvin are the grandfather's names.

Please continue to keep them in your prayers and thoughts. I can not even imagine the kind of hurt they are experiencing.

In other news- I wanted to give an update on my ankle. I went to the doctor the following Monday which was 2 Mondays ago and found out I actually broke it. Thank goodness the bone has stayed aligned,so i get to wear a walking boot instead of a cast. Lucky me! Anyways that probably will explain my lack of posts and comments. I really haven't been in the mood lately. I have been keeping up with everyone's posts. I hope everyone has a wonderful fall weekend and great week full of Halloween fun.

2 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

My heart just breaks, reading your post. I am so very sorry for your family's loss, and I will certainly be praying for comfort during this time. You know how things affect you differently since having children...reading this this morning just took my breath away.

On another note, I'm sorry about your ankle, too! But thank goodness you went to the doctor when you did. Take things as easy as you can, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Tracey Trousdell said...

I have been thinking about your family since I read your first post about Sandy. I am so sad for all of you but so glad that other families have been giving a chance by their brave and selfless act.