PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My thoughts...

I have so many thoughts that run through my head regarding Luke. It is so hard for me to swallow this PDD-NOS pill. Why??? I see his twin sister that has no struggles. She can answer the WH questions without any thought. She can have social conversations without problems. She can sit still and listen easily. Why can't Luke? I so wish they were identical on that part...who wants to see their baby struggle. Not me! I hate that he has to work so hard to be a "typical" 4 year old. I am so grateful for all the things that he is good at. He gets excited to see me and cries when I leave. He gives the best hugs and kisses. His cuddles are the BEST. He says the ABC's with such character. Loves counting with team Umi Zoomie on Nick JR. Enjoys singing twinkle twinkle little star for whoever will listen. Never meets a stranger. Always makes sure his sister has and gets the same thing he has. 

Last Wednesday we received some very AWESOME news...Luke got into the school we so disparately wanted. Yes, it won't start until August, but we are so excited!!  Molly will also join him in the same classroom. There are therapists at the school, plus you can have outside therapists come in. This will be a 45 minute daily (8:30 to 4) commute to and from for Todd and the grandparents. Unfortunately I won't be able to help. I work the opposite direction. Thank GOD we have family to help us! 

I want to apologize for not getting back into my blog reading yet. Todd and I just took a week vacation by ourselves to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. Which really is in March, but didn't want to be with the spring breakers. :) I promise to commit as soon as I get settled back in. xoxo 

19 comments:

Johanna at The Baker Twins said...

So glad they both got in!

Anonymous said...

You have been on my heart! I am so glad you got them in - I remember when we got Cartman into a school, we had the same commute, but that school changed our lives. Let yourself be angry, it is part of grieving for your child and it will in the end give you the strength to keep fighting for what he needs. I love you. Bev

Amy said...

I am struggling with the decision of having my older son tested and at this point, I think I am going to make an appointment to have him tested for developmental delays. I hope that there is nothing that I may have missed, but I just need to know if there is more that we should be doing. Thank you for sharing you story. It really helps me to know others who have gone through this.

I'm really glad that they got into the school of your choice!

Brittany said...

SO happy you are back. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this struggle, but thank goodness that he is recieving help sooner than later. I have missed you! You guys will be in my prayers.

Amanda said...

So nice you got a vacation with your hubby and your children got into the school you were hoping for. Its great you got your son evaluated and can get him the help he needs at this young age. Im sure he will do great. We just had my son evaluated and diagnosed with ADHD/dyslexia at age 8, I wish we had done it earlier as he is already making great progress with the extra help he is recieving!

Beth said...

I'm so glad that Luke got into the school you wanted! It's great that Molly will be with him.
I'm glad you guys got to get away alone. I'm so jealous! Happy anniversary!

yettie said...

Thanks for the happy update. Makes my Friday a happy one

The Mommy said...

You're going to be so suprised at how fast he reaches those milestones now. Once those therapists get their hands on him things start falling in place quickly! You'll see.

After a year in Kindergarten (and 1.5 years of Pre-K) Myriam is now not only answering those WH questions she ASKING them too. It's amazing how adaptable these kiddos really are.

School will be a great adventure for all of you!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

So happy to hear the good news about the program from M & L!

And I didn't realize you guys were going to HAWAII until I saw it on FB. How awesome!!! Janko and I keep talking about going for our 20th anniversary, when the girls will be 10. At the risk of being all "Jon and Kate" (and we know how that turned out!), I would love to renew our vows with the girls. :) :)

I'm so glad to see you back in Blog Land. I hope it's helpful for you to share what's going on in your world, and hopefully process more of your thoughts in writing. And I hope you feel all the support I know you have from your bloggy friends. :)

Love ya, Sister!

Renae said...

I'm so glad you're happy about the school Luke will be going to and that Molly will be able to go there too. I'm sure Luke will continue to make great progress with his new service providers there.

Hooray for Hawaii! What a fantastic way to celebrate 15 years of marriage. Congratulation!

Sanders said...

I am so glad that you are back blogging! I missed you!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

How AWESOME! A Hawaii holiday :) I think we were knee-deep in sleep deprivation on our 15-year one. Yes.... the babies were only 9 months old. LOL

Congrats in advance :)

And YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to getting into the school you wanted!

Julia said...

Oh, Andrea, I hope your vacations was deliciously relaxing, and that you and your hubby were able to talk and connect on a deep level (and just have fun too!!) :)

Hooray for good news, and wonderful family that can make good things happen!

Rebecca said...

1. I want to be on that vacation with you. That wouldn't be weird, right?
2. I love that you're focusing on what he CAN do rather than what he can't. I find it much more difficult and think that you'll be a huge support to him by looking for the good.
3. Regardless of the diagnosis, boys and girls are different SPECIES! Having B/G twins, I know it's hard not to compare, but seriously...try not to compare.
4. I'm so freaking glad you guys got into that school!

Just Another Mom of Twins said...

Luv ya and thnking about ya Andrea!! *hugs* from afar!

Heather said...

Congratulations on the anniversary and the schools! We're having our 18th wedding anniversary this year!!!

ericateal said...

How I missed you hun!! Welcome back! So happy about the kiddos and school, we been struggling over here with the decision about where Kai will attend in August. I'm so sorry to hear about the struggle with PDD-NOS. You will definately be in my prayers. I'm happy you were aware of early signs and got him tested early rather than late. I'm sure after therapy and a little time he will be just fine and on the same level as his sister in aspects. Congrats on your anniversary and take all the time you need with getting back to blogging. Family is first and foremost :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Steph @ rental mobil jakarta

championm2000 said...

I just saw your blog link on Ginger's blog list, clicked over, and wanted to say how much I miss seeing you in blog world (although I completely understand)!

Glad there's still Facebook! PS-Loved Molly's hair straight, but love it more curly :-)